Lower Dauphin School District sent almost 100 students to a choral festival featuring some of the best vocalists from schools in Dauphin County on Saturday, April 5, at The Forum in Harrisburg.
The Dauphin County Music Educators’ Association choral festival included ensembles featuring high school students, middle school students and elementary students.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 April 2014 18:31
The Middletown Area Middle School has announced its Distinguished Honor Roll and Honor Roll for the third marking period.
The students who earned honors are:
Distinguished Honor Roll
Grade 6 – Nicole Altland, Cassidy Anderson, Macy Appleby, Madison Baumgardner, Daniel Brenner, Megan Burghdorf, Jordyn Dupes, Dane Ebersole, Chloe Erb, Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Cayla Garman, Alexis Habbershon, Hailey Hockenberry, Zachary Malay, Madalyne McGovern, Haven Miller, Jaden Miller, Joseph Spear, Sara Starliper, Kendall Stiffler, Angelina Torres, Raymond Truntz and Deja Washington.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 April 2014 18:27
Written by Noelle Barrett
Seventy students, one quest: Find the ring and defeat a dragon. It’s a Middle Earth adventure that Seven Sorrows School will take on in the students’ performance of “The Lord of the Ringlets – Kicking the Hahbit’’ as the school’s spring play.
The play is the legend of Bumbo Braggins and Randalf the Wilzard and their journey to save the people of the town of Quirkwood from destruction by Schmaug the Dragon . . .
Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 April 2014 18:20
Twelve students from the Middletown Area School District were selected to perform with a prestigious elementary school choir at the Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 7 Elementary Song Fest on Saturday, April 5 at Annville.
The students were chosen by audition.
The 150-voice choir included top elementary school vocalists from central Pennsylvania. Among the selections performed: “Kookaburra,’’ “Old Joe Clark’’ and “This Little Light of Mine.’’
The choir was directed by Melissa Malvar-Keylock, the choral community liaison and director of the apprentice program with The American Boychoir.
The Middletown students’ music teachers are Michael Checco and Mary Checco.
The students who were chosen are:
• Erin Brown, daughter of Keith and Heather Brown, a fifth-grader at Fink Elementary School.
• Emily Parker, daughter of Robert and Cristi Parker, a fourth-grader at Fink.
• Katelyn Miller, daughter of Sam Miller of Dalmatia and Brandy Woodward, a fifth-grader at Fink.
• Caroline Shiery, daughter of Jon and Melissa Shiery, a fourth-grader at Fink.
• Jenna Alford, daughter of Edwin and Joann Alford, a fifth-grader at Kunkel Elementary School.
• Abigail Grimland, daughter of Lori Grimland, a fifth-grader at Kunkel.
• Serina Gurm, daughter of Baldev and Salinder Gurm, a fifth-grader at Kunkel.
• Jayden Benner, son of Michael and Amy Benner, a fifth-grader at Reid Elementary School.
• Nieves Kohout, daughter of Jerry and Danell Kohout, a fifth-grader at Reid.
• Nate McGlone, son of Brendan and Jenna McGlone, a fifth-grader at Reid.
• Brock Welsh, son of Kevin and Jessica Welsh, a fifth-grader at Reid.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 April 2014 19:32
Lower Dauphin High School Principal Todd Neuhard has announced the Distinguished Honor Roll and Honor Roll for the second marking period. The students who earned honors are:
Distinguished Honor Roll
Grade 9 – Allison Bitting, Sarah Blessing, Ray Cotolo, Emma Durantine, Nathan Ebert, Peter Gingrich, Marni Granzow, Logan Grubb, Brittany Halbleib, Nicole Hsing-Smith, Meghan Lathrop, Anna Levi, Alexandra Little, Lucas McCanna, Nickolas Moosic, Anna Mostoller, Elise Musser, Samuel Rothermel, Emily Swist, Sarita Walters and Haohao Yu.
Grade 10 – Logan Buffington, Haley Buggy, Matthew Canis, Leigh Coonelly, Samuel Elliott Mejia, Sarah Gibbs, Fallon Hammer, George Hatalowich, Zoe Irving, Matthew Kuehnle, Davin Malinen, Colin Marcavage, Samantha Markley, Austin Miller, Anna Nissley, Rachel Orth, Kristin Sarsfield, Katherine Spanos, Lariah Thompson and Beck Wiles.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 April 2014 19:20