A friend posted online that she's spending the week in jury duty. People do all sorts of things to avoid jury duty. I know some who still won't register to vote because they think it will protect them from being summoned for jury duty (not anymore). I had an uncle show up and make a scene by telling everyone about his prostate and how he had to tinkle all the time.
If you do get called, I think you should make it fun. So here are some suggestions to liven up the place.
1. Wear a tux. Women could wear a costume dress with fairy wings. Definitely with fairy wings. Or women may prefer a tux and men a dress with fairy wings. Either way, because I don't know what you like.
2. Bring a cooler with dozens of drinks. It could be sodas, water, juices or anything else. Hand them out to other jurors or anyone who looks thirsty.
3. Cheer for others as they are called. Encourage others to do the same. It's like The Price is Right!
4. Bring a set of exercise bands. There's no excuse in falling behind in your workouts because you have jury duty. The whole process of jury duty involves a whole lot of sitting around waiting. Somebody might look at you strangely, but at least you are being productive! Just don't hurt anybody.
5. Find out what else there is to do in the court house during your breaks. Scout things out. You could visit the county's Board of Elections office and ask to see the results of the last election. Better yet, ask to read the write-in votes for president in the 2012 election because the answers are hilarious. You could also apply for a gun permit, find out where to do some genealogical research and request public records. Each county divides up tax money to support fire departments in different municipalities, and you could ask to see how they did it for this year.
Have more ideas? Post a comment.