PENNSYLVANIA'S #1 WEEKLY NEWSPAPER • locally owned since 1854

Dog killed as fire strikes home in Londonderry, multiple fire departments on the scene

Posted 8/22/19

Resident believes fire was electrical.

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Dog killed as fire strikes home in Londonderry, multiple fire departments on the scene

Posted

A fire caused heavy damage to a home at 1842 Water St. in Londonderry on Thursday afternoon.

Multiple departments were on the scene, including Middletown, Friendship, Londonderry and Hummelstown.

The homeowners said a dog who was in the house died in the fire. The dog’s name was Leo, and he was rescue dog.

Five siblings live in the house — Betty, Earl, Eva, Arlene and Deb Kreiser. 

According to Betty, they left the ceiling fans and two air conditioning units on for the dog. When she came home a little after 2, she saw smoke coming from the house and she wasn’t able to get inside. She said she believes the cause is electrical.

Earl said the five siblings grew up in the house.

"There was lots of love in that house, and there will always be lots of love," he said.