Historic Presentation on Camp Meade
Please join the Lower Swatara Township Historic Preservation Society for a free community presentation at the Lower Swatara Firehouse at 1350 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown on January 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. to hear Dustin D’Agostino provide a history of Camp Meade and share some of his “finds”.
Over the last five years Dustin D’Agostino has been uncovering history, one piece at a time. Dustin has metal-detected in areas in and around Lower Swatara Township such as Jednota, Nauhman Farm, and Harmony Hall.
Camp Meade was established by the U.S. Volunteers during the Spanish American War as an organization and training camp. It was established August 24, 1898, and was occupied by the Second Army Corps of about 22,000 men, under the command of Major General William M. Graham. Camp Meade was located on about three square miles in what is now Lower Swatara Township.
Dustin will provide an hour-long presentation and looks forward to sharing some his Camp Meade artifacts.